Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting for "The Great Pumpkin"

Like so many, I grew up watching Charlie Brown specials and reading "Peanuts" in the Sunday funnies. One of my favorite movies was always "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", in which Linus anxiously awaits the arrival of "The Great Pumpkin" on Halloween night. If you are wondering where I'm going with this, sit tight....
I've been polling everyone I know for the past couple of weeks, asking what they'd like to see in a Fall burlap door hanger design (other than the cotton boll I had already made). I got lots of suggestions and ideas but the one thing I heard over and over again was the need for a pumpkin that could be used ALL Fall long, and not just for Halloween. I promised I would work on something and the wait for the "Great pumpkin" is finally over, I'm happy to report! Let me know if you guys like it...
It can be done with a name (as shown above) or with other wording ("Happy Fall Y'all", etc). Or you can opt to leave it plain like this.
Either way, I think it's a great way to welcome your friends and the Fall season!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: